The Leading Manufacturer of Brass Sillcock Valve
D&R Metal Industry is an executive fabricator and supplier of high-quality brass sillcock valves. All kinds of brass sillcock valves are custom-made to meet your expectations.
- Budget-friendly yet durable brass valves
- A wide options for quality brass sillcock valves
- Constructed from high technology and modern tools
- Rich knowledge in producing brass valves
Brass Sillcock Valve
The brass sillcock valve is outdoor faucet. It is usually installed on the building’s exterior. The brass sillcock valve aims to provide entry to the water, especially in the outdoor areas. Additionally, the brass sillcock valves can attach to hoses for washing down surfaces or watering the ground.
Features of Brass Sillcock Valve
D&R Brass Sillcock Valves
As a trusted manufacturer in China, D&R expert in manufacturing different brass sillcock valves for over 15 years. Throughout the years of efforts, we present wide selections of brass valves to meet your exact requirements. We even have the ability to customize your orders to finish your projects without trouble.
In addition, all types of brass valves especially brass sillcock valves are proven efficient and provides quality performances. As a professional manufacturer, we are dedicated to supplying customers with high-valued services at fair costs.
How We Manufacture Your Brass Sillcock Valves
D&R Metal Industry – Top Brass Sillcock Valve Manufacturer in China
Because of our outstanding services, we have formed strong business connections with clients all over the world. We only supply and manufacture the highest quality brass sillcock valves from excellent-grade materials to meet your needs. All our brass valves come with comprehensive technical details. D&R offers great services together with integrity and honesty.
Based in China, D&R Metal Industry is the top brass sillcock valve manufacturer with more than 15 years` industry history. Throughout the years of working in the field, we have obtained experience in supplying customers from around the world with affordable yet quality brass sillcock valves.
D&R Brass sillcock valves are used for both residential and commercial plumbing applications. Not just for plumbing but also applicable for gasses, air, and stream projects. It offers long-term performances for every desired application.
With our modern and advanced manufacturing technology, we are now capable to supply all kinds of brass sillcock valves. Our wide series of brass sillcock valves include Sweat Brass Sillcock Valve, Anti-Siphon Sillcock Valve, Brass Quarter Turn Sillcock Valve, Brass Threaded Sillcock Valve, Brass Threaded Sillcock Valve, etc.
Furthermore, our brass sillcock valves are built using excellent and 100% pure quality brass materials. By using this material, you can assure long-lasting and very durable brass sillcock valves.
D&R brass sillcock valves are available in customization. If you want the design you want to be followed while in the manufacturing process, send us your detailed specifications. We are glad to work with you to produce your ideal design. Customization for your orders is offered at a reasonable cost.
Besides, our brass sillcock valves are made with leak-proof, impact resistance, and corrosion resistance properties. Most of the products are fabricated in accordance with quality standards and international industry. We also make sure to test and check the quality of brass sillcock valves before the shipment process.
Being one of the professional manufacturers in China, we will regularly present you with outstanding services along with integrity and honesty. Be one of our satisfied customers today!
Send us your inquiries and expect fast yet exact answers!
The brass sillcock valve or hose bib is the increased outdoor water valve.
It can bring you potable water from the bathrooms and the kitchen.
Additionally, it can bring good convenience factors to gardening and keeps your outdoor plants watered.
The brass sillcock valve works by turning off the water in your home.
It allows the water to give out the actual faucet to prevent freezing.
Many years ago, before sillcock valves were invented, most people just turned off the water, which provided that faucet and drained the line.
Rocket Your Business with D&R Brass Sillcock Valves
Brass Sillcock Valve: The Complete FAQs Guide
When selecting a brass sillcock valve, there are many factors to consider.
This article will know all the fundamental aspects you need to know about brass sillcock valves.
Would you mind reading this guide if you want to become an expert when it comes to brass sillcock valves?
The outdoor faucet, hose faucet, hose spigot, hose bib, and sillcock are the same thing but have different names.
The hose bib is preferable as one type of water outlet, while sillcock is an older term that is used in the Northeast.
Sillcock is also referring as a hose cock because it is a kind of faucet that places sill height in the exterior of the building.
It also has a thread design for attaching a hose.
Most of the sillcock has long shanks that outstretch into the wall.
A hose bib can control water exposed to elements outside while the sillcock places at the long pipe end.
A sillcock is nothing more than a stopper and has a spout that connects hoses.
The sillcock also approaches tap water outside.
Why Is It Named Sillcock?
There’s no pipe breaking happened if the water drain.
The name sillcock derives from the area where it is installed.
Installing sillcocks is generally in the sill board over the premises.
What is Hose Bib?
The outside spigot is a hose bib. It is a kind of faucet the places outside of your house. Yes, that is a hose bib.
It is necessary to turn off the water using a hose bib in the winter season.
It is to avoid flooding and damage, especially when the climate is down below freezing.
If you want to measure the length of the brass sillcock valve, you need to measure the component from the wall plate’s back to the sillcock’s end.
If you see a defective unit, you need to remove it first, and then you start to measure.
You need to turn off the water supply if there’s any defect.
It would be best if you opened the hot water side to remove the plumbing system. Below are the steps on installing your brass sillcock valves.
- You can cut the cold-water line. It allows you to drain the water in the pipe into a bucket. You can also make another cut to remove the pipe’s section. Be sure to de-burr and clean the cut pipe’s end and wear latex gloves whenever installing brass sillcock valves.
- The two open ends shall connect by preparing and cleaning a copper T. After that; you can insert them between the ends.
- Site the solder and shutoff valve. The brass sillcock valve must have a petcock (small hole), which is necessary for winterization. It also must have arrows that point out in the water flow direction.
- Check for leaks.
- Insert the solders and copper pipes. You can prepare and clean various pieces of copper fittings and pipes.
- The exposed hole must fill with silicone caulk.
- Insert the sillcock. You can hook the plastic wedges after the flange of the sillcock. After that, you can insert the brass sillcock valve into the hole.
- Finish the connection of the water.
- Connect the pipes.
The sillcocks or spigots are threaded faucet spout valves.
They are usually glove valves.
They are also freezeproof or frost-free traditional compression-style faucets.
The brass sillcock valves can press down from a valve seat thanks to their rubber washers.
The most durable and best sillcock uses brass materials.
Brass materials are corrosion resistant.
However, when the time comes, brass brightness might fade.
Additionally, brass is the best material for constructing sillcock valve because of its outstanding properties and characteristics, including:
- Thermal and electrical conductivity
- Corrosion and hygiene resistance
The handle of the brass sillcock valve needs to be strong because it’s exposing to the elements.
It is sometimes humping with a tool and any outdoor equipment.
A good handle is easy to turn and offers several resistances to achieve better water flow control through the valve.
The spout must be at a 45-degree angle to make it easy to use watering cans and hoses.
It makes them quickly turn the hose connector and limit kinks in hoses with more extended size.
Additionally, the bib spout with threaded design can connect to different pipes, including PVC, copper, PE-RT, or PEX.
However, a plastic or brass female connector is most likely better to attach to your garden hose.
Meanwhile, garden hose sizes easily accommodate all diameter sizes. The standard diameter sizes attached to the garden hose are 5/8 inches, ¾ inches, ½ inches, and 3/8 inches.
When it comes to pressure, the sillcocks must rate up to 200 PSI.
The best thing about the brass sillcock valve is that you can install adapters to them quickly.
Below are the top devices that you can install to your sillcock faucet:
The dual-hose adapters can connect two different hoses at once. The hose has a manual shutoff valve, which can quickly tell when it is ON or OFF.
Hose Spigot Manifold
You can even install a hose spigot manifold on your brass sillcock valve. It allows you to hook up many different connections for hoses at once.
Installing a hose spigot manifold can procreate the power of your sillcock. Investing hose spigot manifold to install in your sillcock can bring you convenience for many years.
There’s no more putting and unscrewing various hoses if you manage different water feeders all over your yards.
Automatic Sprinkling System
Installing an automatic sprinkling system to your brass sillcock valve is another outstanding option. It is usually a dial or digital-type hose timer, which departs between the sprinkler hose and sillcock.
With this automatic sprinkling system, no need to remind you to water or turn off the water!
Additionally, the automatic sprinkling system has various form characteristics. It allows you to attach many hoses and set a timer to water your garden thoroughly. That’s great stuff!
The automatic sprinkling system is also the best solution for your sillcock’s hose spigot extender. It is usually helpful for free-standing valves. However, an automated sprinkling system will help to lift things. And, it is also beneficial to reach your connections easier.
The cold and frost can cause damage to your brass sillcock valve. To avoid sillcock damage, you must take an essential precaution to save your sillcocks from freezing before the cold climates come.
It would be best if you protected your brass sillcock valves from freezing before the cold weather comes. Below are the procedures on how to protect your brass sillcock valves from freezing.
- Unhook any garden hoses
- Close the indoor shutoff valves
- Open the sillcocks to unload the trapped water
To protect your sillcocks, you can also invest in frost-free sillcock. This type of sillcock will not break in cold temperatures.
A brass sillcock valve runs from 10 dollars to 60 dollars. Usually, the plumbers charge 45 dollars to 65 dollars per hour. Depending on the area, the plumber’s rate prices up to 300 dollars.
Replacing brass sillcock valve averages between 100 dollars to 300 dollars or just 175 dollars.
Installing a brass sillcock valve is worth 200 dollars to 500 dollars. But it depends on the proximity of the spigots to existing plumbing.
Yes. You can follow the steps below to change the washer.
- The water must turn off to the bib hose.
- Unfasten the handles and screws.
- The washers and packing nut must remove.
- The washers must clean, inspect, and replace as needed.
- The handle and packing nut must be reinstall.
Yes. If your brass sillcock valve leaks because of internal mechanics, you can call a professional or replace the faucet.
If the handle has a leaking problem, a packing nut is loose and probably a faulty rubber washer. However, you can replace a washer worth one dollar to two dollars in about 30 minutes.
A brass sillcock is extremely handy. Sometimes, brass sillcock valves will have malfunctions or sometimes not turn on. If this is the case, it’s now the time to change the device.
You can also replace the sillcock valve when you notice low water pressure even after all the washers and cartridges on the spigot is clean and already replaced.
Before you replace the brass sillcock valve, we need to consider the necessary materials, including:
- Regular nut wrench
- Two pipe wrenches
- Rags or towels
- Portable electric saw
- Hand saw
- Pipe crimper
Below are the six steps on how to replace your brass sillcock valves.
- Make a hole in the wall cavity. You can use your electric saw, and hand saw to cut the wall cavity with a small hole. The spot must have large enough so that you can see any leakage.
- Check how the pipes connect to valves. Most brass sillcock valves, when first installing, are soldered. So, it is a little bit tougher to disconnect than unscrewing them. If that’s the case, you can look at your sillcock to see if it is screwed or soldered. If you notice no soldering, you can unscrew the brass sillcock valve and replace it.
- The Sillcock Valve must disconnect from the pipe. You can use a pipe wrench to disconnect a tube that is soldered. Then, you can place it on the treaded end sillcocks. Another smaller wrench must be put in the sillcock’s head at the back. Additionally, the copper pipes are carefully not twisted or crimp when turning a wrench into a quarter turn.
- Crimp lines as needed. If the pipes are soldered, it needs to separate and crimp them. Crimping the main pipe’s end depends on the water that lies inside the tube. It is to avoid any leakage before installing the new sillcock valve.
- Disconnect the brass sillcock valve on the exterior. On the threaded portion, you can place pressure behind the handle by using your wrenches. By losing the nut, your twists must be turning into the left.
- Clean the area and be ready to replace the valve. In the removal process, you must clean up any water or debris. It is a significant thing because the wall cavity is exposing to water and dust while open. After cleaning, immediately replace the sillcock that has been removing.
Now, if you have any questions regarding our brass sillcock valves, you can contact us! We can also design your brass sillcock valves based on your requirements.